Barn Bradenstoke reflects the rich past of the village North Aston, first mentioned in the Domesday Book of 1086 . Historical annals record that in 1151 William of Aston gifted the village church St Mary the Virgin with surrounding land to the Priory of Bradenstoke in Wiltshire. This was founded as an Augustinian priory in 1142 and there followed some form of monastic presence at North Aston until the Dissolution of the Monasteries.
When the monastic buildings passed into private hands and the nearby feudal Aston Hall was built, the secular ensemble of Barn Bradenstoke comprising barn, cottages and a coach house was erected on the formerly monastic ground. Architecture and design of Barn Bradenstoke are typical of the traditional rural limestone cottages of the Cotswolds. This historic farmstead exemplifies the verdant history of garden landscaping and farming in rural England.
The reawakend Barn Bradenstoke with its contemporary feel refers to its historic origins and its century old spiritual wisdom. (as)